Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Top 10 Reasons Why Blue Lizard is the Best
In addition to the semi-regular spotlights on valiant skin cancer crusaders, I will be doing a "SunSavvy Top 10 List".
Today, we will be talking about the top 10 reasons why Blue Lizard Australian Suncream is the best. Before we explore these reasons, I would like to begin with a disclaimer of sorts. We, at The Cancer Crusaders Organization, refrain from endorsing products and keep our alliances with other organizations purely based on a shared commitment to providing quality skin cancer prevention education. I have received several emails regarding the fact that I have teamed up with Crown Labs and Del-Ray Dermatologicals (the manufacturers and distributors of Blue Lizard Australian Suncream). A few people have expressed concerned that they paid me to do the book and/or promote them. Rest assured I did not and will not receive any monetary compensation for the work I do with Cancer Crusaders. The Blue Lizard logo appears on the back of the Only Skin Deep? Resource Guide chiefly because well, they are the best sunscreen on the planet and since the book is about effective skin cancer prevention resources, it seems only fitting to partner with them on such an important, informational, and essential project. That said, here are the Top 10 reasons why Blue Lizard is, quite simply, the best stuff on the planet! (In my personal and professional opinion).
* Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream is the only sunscreen made in the United States that strictly adheres to the guidelines set by the Australian government on sunscreen ingredients. With melanoma being the number one malignancy in Australia, it is a well known fact that Australians are leading the world in sun protection/skin cancer prevention. As such, they have set strict standards regarding sunscreen ingredients so as to ensure they provide optimum protection and safety. Blue Lizard Australian Suncream contains 5% titanium dioxide and 10% zinc oxide, thus making it a broad-spectrum formula that protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
* Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream is SPF 30, which means that it provides 98% protection. Other sunscreens that claim to be SPF 45 or 50 are actually misnomers. Technically, you can't have a formula that is molecularly more potent (or effective) than a SPF 30. The American Academy of Dermatology recommends sunscreens that are SPF 30 (with SPF 15 minimum).
* Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream makes non-toxic sunscreen that is safe enough for sensitive skin and young children. And since 80% of one's lifetime sun damage occurs before age 18, it is especially important that we protect our children with proper sunscreen.
* The CEO of Crown Labs/Del-Ray Dermatologicals (the manufacturers of Blue Lizard) is actively involved with skin cancer prevention efforts. I always see the CEO, Jeff Bedard, at meetings of the National Coalition for Sun Safety at the American Academy of Dermatology. He runs in the Boston Marathon to raise money for sun safety education efforts at the SHADE Foundation. He is present at every event his company hosts, including free skin cancer screenings at NASCAR, and has teamed up with not only Cancer Crusaders and SHADE, but the Women's Dermatologic Society, as well. In short, the CEO of Blue Lizard is actively involved with communities across the nation, works in cooperation with other organizations dedicated to the cause, and has invested personal time, energy, and heart toward serving others touched by skin cancer. Talk about an example of integrity, sincerity, and commitment. Jeff makes sure Blue Lizard is the best because he truly cares about protecting people from skin cancer, not just because it pays the bills.
* Blue Lizard is not sold in grocery stores, and therefore avoids having to compromise its formula. At the present time, the Food and Drug Administration does not regulate sunscreens; there are no mandates requiring that sunscreens actually provide the level of protection that they presumably claim to provide. This is why often times consumers will say that they slapped on the sunscreen and still "got burnt". (This is also due to the fact that we are rarely taught how to properly apply sunscreen). So, the fact is you will not find a sunscreen at the grocery store that provides the optimum broad-spectrum sun protection that Blue Lizard provides.
* To get a bottle of Blue Lizard you don't have to go through any multi-level marketing programs, networks, or distributors. You can get it directly from them, thus reducing your cost. A bottle of Blue Lizard is comparable to the price of other sunscreens, but works better than the other sunscreens. So, you are actually getting what you are paying for; it provides the protection it claims to provide.
* The sunscreen most board-certified dermatologists will recommend is Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream.
* The Blue Lizard bottle turns blue when exposed to ultraviolet radiation to visually remind you about UV exposure and to apply (and reapply) sunscreen.
* Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream is made for all skin types. For those of us who are of Irish German decent and burn easily, there is a sensitive skin formula. There is a formula made for active athletes and outdoor enthusiasts. And, best of all, there is a Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream formula for children. All Blue Lizard formulas provide optimum protection against UV-A and UV-B rays.
* Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream is non-toxic, it's not greasy, it won't irritate your skin nor your eyes, it's non-comedogenic (won't cause you to break out), is hypoallergenic, does not contain artificial colors, is fragrance free (it doesn't smell flowery yet it doesn't stink either), and is non-toxic.
So, there you have it. Here are 10 (of the many) reasons why Blue Lizard Australian Sunscream is the best stuff on the planet, according to me the skin cancer crusading 20-something author of Only Skin Deep? An Essential Guide to Effective Skin Cancer Programs and Resources. And Blue Lizard didn't even have to pay me to plug their product. It's just that good. I won't leave home without it, and I won't let anyone I love use any brand other than Blue Lizard. In fact, for my best friend's birthday last year, we all went to a water park. I bought a gallon jug of Blue Lizard for everyone to use. No one got burnt that day, even though we were at the water park for six hours. The reason for this is because everyone applied Blue Lizard sunscreen on properly and reapplied it every hour. My best friend's perfect fair skin stayed protected all day long. No one else sustained a burn, either.
Thanks Blue Lizard!
I know all of you are wondering where you can find this amazing sunscreen. Simply log on to www.bluelizard.net.
Posted by Danielle at 9:03 AM